I am so excited for this DIY project that I’m about to share with you guys – Tea Storage Jars. Okay, I’m excited about every DIY project that I share, but stay with me because it’s pretty awesome. This project combines my 2 obsessions: mason jars and chalkboard paint. Now, aren’t you excited?
I love to drink tea and the different boxes they come in can become a pain to keep. Plus, they don’t keep your tea fresh. The best way to store tea is in an airtight, dark container. You can learn about proper storage here.
I decided to create these great tea storage jars so I will be able to easily label the different tea while keeping them fresh as long as possible.
What you’ll need:
2. Chalkboard spray paint – I used this Valspar version. I didn’t read the label until I got home and saw that it was for plastic and wood. I still used it on the mason jars’ glass and had no problems.
3. Mason Jars – I used the plain ones from Walmart to make it easier for writing with the chalk
4. Gloves + Goggles (optional)
Since we’re working with spray paint, you’ll need to be outdoors or in a well ventilated room.
What you will do:
1. After the glue in your hot glue gun is ready, you can add Tea to your mason jars – if you want to be fancy, you can write the french word for it: thé
2. Place the mason jars upside down and begin to evenly spray the mason jars with your chalkboard spray paint. I did about 2 coats on each jar.
Is this something you will try? Let us know in the comments.
Co-founder | Scarlett Rocourt