Dude, it’s a hard knock life (cue Jay-z). I’ve been running around like a mad woman, and I’m sure you have too. Sometimes it’s difficult to fit in a meal, let alone a healthy one. It’s hard to believe but a girl cannot sustain herself on martinis alone. Trust me, I tried… But that’s a story for another day. Let’s talk about mason jar meals instead.
Get your jars ready!
Mason jar meals are adorable, but they could also save your life. I’m talking about subsistence here, but you could probably defend yourself with one since they are made of glass –depending on how you roll. No judgments here.
The best part of using jars is that it’s easy to layer your food. So you can make a salad with the greens on top and the dressing at the bottom, without the greens getting wilted. Just shake and eat! You can also get all your meals ready on Sunday, line up your jars in the fridge, instagram your jar line-up (yeah, I’m that girl), and grab and go.
I scoured the internet (wipes brow) for the best, most delicious and prettiest mason jar meals the online world has to offer. I got your 3 squares covered, and even threw in dessert because I’m not going down alone I love you.
Breakfast Mason Jar Recipes
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Fruit and nuts
- Toasted Oat and Coconut Muesli
- Blueberry Chia Jam, granola and yogurt parfait
- Breakfast Baked Eggs in Half Pint Jars
- Spiced Greek Yogurt Muffin Jars
Lunch / Dinner Mason Jar Recipes
- Wheat Berry Apple Salad
- Quinoa, spinach, mushroom and tomato salad
- Salads Galore: Caprese , Cobb, Chunky Mediterranean and Taco
- Pasta Salads: Greek Pasta , Caprese Pasta Salad + Chickpea Salad
- Whole Foods Inspired Layered Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing
- Garden Gazpacho Recipe in a Jar
- Mason Jar Lasagna
- Deconstructed Vegetarian Sushi
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Chili and Cornbread in a Jar
Dessert Mason Jar Recipes
- Maple Oat n’ Apple Dessert
- S’mores Cake
- Homemade Blueberry Cobbler
- Cheesecakes in Jars
- Blackberry Vanilla Cupcakes
Images from accompanying blog post from left to right: Steel Cut Oatmeal | Toasted Oat and Coconut Muesli | Whole Foods Inspired Layered Salad | Wheat Berry Apple Salad | Homemade Blueberry Cobbler | Cheesecakes in Jars
Any of these these mason jar meals strike your fancy? Do you have a favorite on-the-go meal option? Let us know in the comments.