Summer is coming to an end and Fall is just around the corner. The season is changing and so should your beauty products. The following Fall beauty trends were seen all over the runways and to get the looks at home, here are the top trends and product suggestions:
1. Slick Hair and Skin: Chilly Fall temperatures can cause your hair and skin to become extremely dry. That’s why it’s important to use products that moisturize, protect and rejuvenate. To accomplish these goals and to stay on trend, you can try: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant ($19.50, www.elizabetharden.com), Alterna Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1 Complete Correction ($25, www.sephora.com), Marc Jacobs Beauty Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation ($48, www.sephora.com), or Nars Skin Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer ($58, www.narscosmetics.com).
2. Matte Finish: A porcelain, matte finish was all the rage on the runways and you can also have the look with any the following products: Cover Girl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation ($7, at drugstores), Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder ($28, www.sephora.com),, Cover FX Matte Setting Powder ($32, www.sephora.com), JINsoon Nail Polish in “Matte Maker” ($18, http://www.jinsoon.com/shop/jinsoon-nail-polish.html). Paint nails with a regular polish, then lay down a quarter-inch stripe of “Matte Maker”, only on the tips. Tip: For a twist on black nails, paint nine nails with Butter London Nail Lacquer in “The Black Knight” ($15, www.sephora.com) and then paint one red accent nail.
3. Red Eyeshadow: Red is the in-demand Fall makeup color! Some favorites are: Cover Girl Flamed Out Shadow Pots in “Red Hot Flame” ($5, www.ulta.com), Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in “Pomegranate Punk” ($6, drugstores), M.A.C Eyeshadow in “Sushi Flower” ($15, www.maccosmetics.com) or Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner in “Deep Burgandy Sheen” ($19, www.sephora.com).
4. Jewels and Glitter: To add a touch of glitz and glamour, try the following: Make Up For Ever Glitters in “Silver 2 – Metallic Silver” ($15, www.sephora.com), Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in “148 Glinda – Silver Glitter” ($18, www.sephora.com or M.A.C Pro Glitter in “Reflects Transparent Pink” ($21, www.maccosmetics.com).
5. Red Matte Lips (including darker berries): For beautiful, textured lips, try: Colour Crush Lipstick in “Red Siren” ($13, www.thebodyshop.com), M.A.C. Chromagraphic Pencil in “Process Magenta” ($16, www.maccosmetics.com), Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in “8 Matte Bright Red” ($20, www.sephora.com), Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Scarlet Red” or “Dragon Girl Siren Red” ($25, www.sephora.com), or Giorgio Armani Rouge D’Armani lipstick in “409” ($30, http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Giorgio-Armani/Beauty-and-Fragrance/For-Her/Makeup/Lips/shop/_/N-1z12vlwZ52fqs2/Ne-6lvnb5).
Tip: Typically, light skin or olive skin tones look great wearing tomato red or orange-red lipstick. Typically, dark skin looks great wearing a true red (aka neutral red) or a blue-red (lipstick has a blue undertone). A true red can also be worn by all. Don’t forget the liner (fill in entire lips). It prevents the lipstick from bleeding and it lasts longer. It should match the lipstick. If you have discolored lips, you can apply a thin layer of concealer to create an even base, gently blot and then apply the liner and lipstick.
6. Big Hair: Big, sexy hair is back and you can get the look with any of the following: Living Proof Amp2 Instant Texture Volumizer ($24, www.sephora.com), Alterna Bamboo Volume 48-Hour Sustainable Volume Spray ($25, www.sephora.com) , or Bumble and Bumble Thickening Full Form Mousse ($29, www.sephora.com).
7. Cropped hair: Cropped hair is always in season and this Fall is no exception. To get the look, try: Kevin Murphy Super.Goo ($22, www.exclusivebeautyboutique.com), Bumble and Bumble Sumotech ($27, www.sephora.com), or Bumble and Bumble BB Texture Hair (Un) Dressing Creme ($28, www.sephora.com).
What’s your favorite Fall beauty trend? We want to know!
Contributor | Holly Miller