I’ve never been a fan of tooting my own horn… Ok, that’s a lie. But in this case, it’s not just me. It’s all of France. Parfait is French for “perfect”. So when I tell you this strawberry shortcake parfait is the perfect dessert, I have an entire country backing me up.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
Most strawberry shortcake parfait recipes you see floating around use store-bought pound cake. That works, but I like to get wild and crazy and use shortbread cookies. What can I say? I like the crunch and I’m a recipe gansta.
This dessert is as easy as it is delicious. It’s just layering things you picked up at the grocery store. If you wanna put a bit more effort in, you can make fresh whipped cream and your own strawberry balsamic sauce. Both are mouth-watering, choose your own adventure.
- Pudding mix
- 12 oz frozen strawberries in syrup
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Cool whip
- 11 shortbread cookies
This is how we do it
- Defrost the strawberries
- (Optional) Add balsamic vinegar to the strawberry syrup
- Make the pudding as per the instructions on the package. Usually there’s some milk and whisk action involved.
- Crush up those cookies. You can use a food processor or put them in ziplock and go to town.
- Layer ingredients in a glass. Start with the crushed cookies, then the pudding, then strawberries in syrup and lastly the cool whip. If you are using a big glass, repeat.
You can easily make this parfait the night before, if you are throwing a party. Simply cover your glasses with cling wrap and refrigerate. Speaking of glasses, I’ve served this in hurricane glasses (pictured) for a dinner party type situation OR using my shot glasses and spoon set and put it out buffet style. You have options aplenty.
Do you have a go-to party dessert recipe? Let us know in the comments.
Images by Trinidad Pena – Branding + Design