I was walking through the department stores the other day and I could not control my excitement as I saw them putting out their holiday makeup collections! This excites me more than you know because the cosmetic brands come out with the most beautiful collections of the year…in my humble opinion.
The timing of the holiday makeup collections is perfect because soon the holiday party announcements will be appearing in your mailbox and your Inbox, and not only should you be considering which outfits you should wear, you should also consider which makeup looks you will wear to compliment those outfits. Yes, the outfits are vitally important, but so is the makeup. It ties everything together (visually).
Often times, the collections are packaged together in palettes which not only make for a good value, but are already color selected. If you don’t know how to color match cosmetics, they’ve already taken the guesswork out of it for you.
I am so pleased with what I’ve seen thus far with this year’s collections and I couldn’t wait to share them with you. They are still coming in to the department stores, but here are a few of my favorites thus far:
- Divine Night Holiday Colour Collection by MAC.
- Laura Mercier Holiday 2013 Holiday 2013 White Magic Collection – currently available at Laura Mercier counters and coming soon to the Laura Mercier web site. This collection is packed with colors that will give you “fresh and luminous looks, with light-diffused pastels for eyes and brilliant high-shine colours for lips.”
- Giorgio Armani Holiday 2013 Eccentrico Collection – currently available at Giorgio Armani counters and coming in November to the Giorgio Armani web site. This collection is comprised of the most beautiful sheer palette blush I’ve ever seen, electric nail lacquers, and colorful maestro lip colors.
Here are a few of my favorite products that will give you beautiful party makeup looks and you can purchase them from your favorite drug store or cosmetic store:
- Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture available exclusively at Target
- Revlon Luxurious Color eyeshadow
- Sephora Glitter eyeliner
- NYX Diamond Sparkle lipstick
So, whether you are going to a company holiday party, a family gathering or a night on the town over the holidays, with any of these suggestions, you will be ready for the occassion. The holidays are the perfect time to “put your best face forward!”
If you try any of these suggestions, please leave a comment and a picture.